Welcome to the Town of
Perdido Beach, Alabama
Like many small rural communities, this waterfront community has seen its share of changes. Family gardens have been replaced by supermarket chains, kerosene lanterns have been replaced by electric lights. Gone are the days of the ox drawn plows and the Model A automobiles.
- The community has always enjoyed a close knit spirit, where neighbors have looked out for and helped each other. Although we have moved into the era of high speed technology, this little Town still embraces that same community spirit that it did in days gone by.
- In early 2008 that harmonious spirit brought the community together for a common cause, to preserve our unhampered lifestyle. It was the consensus of the majority that it would be in the community’s best interest to incorporate, thus allowing the Town to make its own decisions concerning its future growth and development.
- On April 21st., 2009, the residents voted in a referendum of incorporation, which passed by approximately two-thirds vote in favor of incorporation.
- At the time of incorporation this tiny close knit community had realized a history of one hundred and eight years. Its current population consists of 558 permanent residents, as well as a large number of home owners and property owners who live elsewhere and claim Perdido Beach as their home away from home.
- It has been said, “Perdido Beach is not just a place-but a state of mind”..
This is a large PDF document and may take considerable time to download with a slow internet connection.
|Town of Perdido Beach
ORDINANCE NUMBER 2011- 02
Website Design By: PerdidoBeachAutomation.com